Monday, March 3, 2008

I hate dentists and all that they stand for... and then there's Adam Sandler...

So today I went to the dentist where they drilled a hole into my gum so that they could inject me with a twenty foot needle full of medicine. Why? you ask? Well it was to bring down the SWELLING so that they can carve out my gums and give me a root canal tomorrow. Not just one, mind you, but two. Now all of this is because my idiotic OLD dentist filled two cavities and did a REALLY bad job and they fell out. Now, I am dying a slow and painful death (actually not that painful due to the copious amounts of Hydrocodone that I have ingested today, but that's not the point) and this wasn't even the bad part of the experience. Tomorrow is going to be even worse, so I'm really not looking forward to waking up :(.

Now, I would like to address the comments made by my dear friend, Sr. Matteo Moore. Matthew does not believe that I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry or Grandma's Boy are quality movies. Now Matty, I do believe I never said they were quality movies. I'm quite sure I said they were QUALI-TAY movies. Now let me explain the distinction: Quality movies are movies that you see in a theater and think, "oh yeah, that was a good movie, I'd enjoy seeing it again." Quali-TAY movies are movies where you see them in the theater, most likely when drunk or with other controlling substances are in your nervous system, and you think "Holy Mother of Ganja, that was the worst movie I've ever seen," yet you've just laughed through the majority of the movie. Then, when walking through the mighty aisles of Fred Meyer you come upon the $9.99 section of movies and see it, and you can't help but buy it because of the wonderful memories of that drunken/inebriated evening. That, my friend, is where Grandma's Boy finds itself. Though it is ridiculously stupid, it is also quite possibly one of the most ingenious movies of our time. I say this because when you think of the amount of people in our generation (and even generations after us) that like to... um... partake in the herbal refreshment, these movie people who put this film together were GENIOUS to cater to this type of movie. However I also believe it is one of those movies where when you're in a bad mood or just need a stupid laugh, you can pop it in (that's what she said) and feel better about yourself. Now as far as I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry goes, that movie is just plain funny. Any movie where Nick Swardson is dancing around like a fairy (both the gay and whimsical type at one time!) is A-okay by me. Plus, that big guy from King of Queens can actually be pretty funny at times, and he wasn't bad in this movie. AND, then you have Adam Sandler. I'm sorry Sr. Moore, but I LOVE ADAM SANDLER (except for Spanglish. That was a dark time for us all.) He is hilarious and that's pretty much all there is to it.

In closing, I stand by my decisions that those are two of my most favorite movies of all time.


Now that my high is wearing off, I am going to go to bed. But I hope I made my point clearly and concisely. Hidalgo, let me know what you think.

Gracias, y buenas noches.

Adios, y que te vayas bien.

*Please do not judge me by any spelling/grammatical errors. Thank you.

1 comment:

Matthew Moore said...

ok...WHOA.

Me llamo Hidalgo. It appears as though I am being punished unjustly, and therefore must present my case.

Pomo never made any distinction between quality & quali-TAY movies. Nope. False. You lose. Game over. She asked if I had seen them, and I was like...hell no! And she was shocked and told me they were two of her most favorite movies of all time. To which I responded by throwing up my lunch.

Now if you want to label them as "horrible movies, but freaking hilarious" then that's a different story. I am fond of plenty of movies like this, but please do not try to pass them off as "good" movies.

That being said, Grandma's Boy still looks like one of the stupidest movies ever made, but with little to no repeat watching value. If you have to get high to watch a movie then you know its horrible. As far as Chuck & Larry, that movie may be horrible and yet funny. Sandler is hilarious (and I happened to like Spanglish so suck it) but I'm still not sold on that movie being one of those "terrible, but always funny" kind of movies. That title is reserved for gems like Drop Dead Gorgeous, Multiplicity & pretty much anything with Jim Carrey.