Sunday, April 20, 2008

Recap, with value

So I had a pretty damn good weekend. Friday night I had a Sarah night and hung out with myself on the couch. I watched a few movies, then a few episodes of Beverly Hills 90210, and then went to bed at about 10:30. It was pretty much wicked cool.

Saturday I made some phone calls in the morning for work, worked on a few problems I was having, and basically had a chill evening. At night I went out with the boyfriend and we went and had Greek food at my favorite Greek place on the Ave, then we went and got Bubble Tea. Mmmm. We got home, and spent the rest of the evening watching Disney movies! It was pretty much a lot o' fun.

Sunday I woke up and went hiking East of North Bend. There's a fun hike out there that's called Twin Falls, and it's pretty cool. You go for about a mile, then you end up on this bridge overlooking a waterfall and mini-river. You can either go down to the water or continue on the hike which brings you to another waterfall that WAY bigger than the other one. It's BEAUTIFUL. It's probably one of the most calming things ever, and it's a REALLY peaceful thing to do. This past week was so frustrating due to my being sick and a WHOLE LOT of problems with a few of my loans, so it was really good for me to be in nature and calm myslef down.

Honestly, it's sometimes really frustrating being me. Most people think that I'm a total ditz most of the time, and I say really stupid things, but I don't necessairily perceive myself to be like that. I will admit that I play into a lot, but most of the time it's just easier for me to do that than to say something that people will question. When I'm on my own though, I can forget about all pretence and just be me. The only problem is, I'm finding myself heading closer and closer to the frigging quarter-life crisis so as of right now, I don't know who I am. But that's a whole other blog... Anyhow, my point was that as soon as I'm out in nature by myself, it has a hugely calming effect on me, and it's wonderful.

I had a great weekend, and it was filled with a lot of laughter, which is exactly what I needed.

No comments: